Our Innovative aMazNet™ Technology
Amazing flexibility, efficiency, and security!
Our aMazNet™ technology is an emerging wireless network architecture. It’s particularly significant for closed or semi-closed network topologies in which all or a majority of the traffic and service set is confined within a distinct local network. aMazNet enables nodes within the network to communicate directly with each other, while still utilizing the benefits of a master node within the network acting as the central arbiter. Thus aMazNet provides the flexibility of a mesh network and the stability and control of a standard hub-based network. In addition, aMazNet can provide greater efficiency and lower latency within its network topology than either mesh or standard hub-based network topologies like Wi-Fi or Wi-Max.
With aMazNet™ you’ll benefit from the following features:
- Peer-to-peer communication potentially cuts transmission overhead in half over network architectures like Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, etc. that utilize wheel and spoke-type architectures.
- Collision free transmission. Frames are divided into three segments, but all potential collisions are limited to one segment specifically allocated for access to the contention queue. This frees the other segments, including the data transmission segment, of potential collisions.
- QoS support in both contention queue and transmission queue.
- Mission and safety critical network architecture ensures no single point of failure within the network. Arbiter may seamlessly transition to next-in-line arbiter in event of primary/current arbiter failure.
- Flexible network design allows arbiter to transition with the flow of traffic as traffic flows to the edge of the arbitrated mesh.
- Flexible security philosophy allows either public key or shared key encryption strategies.
- Entire frame encryption negates the potential for unwanted proxy transmissions and/or unwanted dissemination of transmission.
- Hidden node support allows nodes placed close to the edge of a network to continue to operate in spite of location and/or position challenges.
- Novel, simplistic and highly efficient methodology for resolving collisions.
- Near 100% utilization of data transmission segment during periods of high utilization. Never a dropped frame.
- Actual bandwidth above 90%, often as high as 95%.
aMazNet™’s innovative contention window resolution algorithm enables traffic queuing to aMazNet’s transmission queue within a predetermined time period. Another benefit of its novel resolution algorithm is 100% utilization of the transmit queue, even under heavy loads. aMazNet offers complete security by encrypting the entire frame, including MAC header.
Our aMazNet technology incorporates two distinct technologies to solve problems currently faced throughout the machine-to-machine (M2M) product world today and provide true wireless solutions. Using emerging energy harvesting technologies in combination with a drastically different wireless communication medium, aMazNet-based solutions have the potential to be world-changing in their scope and the impact resulting from the challenges they solve.